Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tremendous Things I've Seen So Far Today...

1.  My beautiful, sleepy wife as I said goodbye for the week...

2. The simple, joyful, unconditional love on the faces of my dogs as I scratched and petted them before I set out for the airport.

3. A massive hawk poised on a fence post, taking flight as I drew near...

4. A doe and her two fawns scampering across the road, only to stop a few yards into the forest and stare at me with those pretty eyes of theirs...

5. Alaska Airlines employees scrambling to solve a delay problem they didn't cause, all the while treating people well, trying to take care of them, and keeping their collective cool in the process.

6. The white-capped peak of Mt. Rainier jutting up through the billowy clouds as I spotted it from the airplane window, looking like an island in the sky.

7. The inside of the Alaska Airlines Board Room, making a six hour delay seem less onerous as I see how the other half lives...

8.  Fifty-five thousand words of finished first draft of Friend of the Departed, the third Kopriva mystery novel...and the invitation of the empty page beyond, with six hours to answer that call.


I won't reach St. Louis, Missouri, until midnight CST. I wonder what else I will see today.

No comments: