Friday, August 1, 2014

An Interview....

In addition to being featured today for my 99 cent sale titles, Books Direct interviewed me. Here is an excerpt of that interview:

What sparked the idea for this book?
As a retired police officer, I often wondered what would happen if a cop became a crook. Since he knows the system, could he be more successful than your average criminal?
Plus, all of my previous novels were from the perspective of the “good guys” and I wanted to explore a character on the wrong side of the law who actually wasn't such a “bad” guy.
So, which comes first? The character's story or the idea for the novel?
In this case, it was the character’s story. The idea of a former cop turned criminal intrigued me. Other novels, though, have started with the idea or the “what if?” proposition.
What was the hardest part to write in this book?
The parts where Jake shows some contempt for his former law enforcement colleagues. As a retired cop, I have tremendous respect for the men and women of my former profession, so I have to remind people … this is fiction.
How do you hope this book affects its readers?
First off, I hope they enjoy the ride, both in terms of the emotional ride and the turns that the plot takes. On a deeper level, I hope it makes people think about human nature, and how honest we really are (or aren't) with ourselves.

For the rest of the interview, head over to Books Direct and scroll down...

No comments: