Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Honoring Veterans

Some days, in the middle of our busy life, it's not a bad idea to stop and take a look at the bigger picture...even if you're in hot pursuit of your dream.

For the past several years, I've donated proceeds from one of my books to support veterans. Up until this year, the book has been The Last Horseman. Today, I made the donation from the November 2013 sales of this book in all formats to Remind.Org. It wasn't as much as I'd like (sales are down some), so I rounded up to $100.

I realize it's not a lot of money, but I figure every little bit helps. And hopefully, it raises a little bit of awareness, too.

For 2014 and beyond, I'm designating the book Chisolm's Debt as the title for this charity drive. All sales in all formats (print, ebook, audio) in November 2014 will be donated to veteran's support. Remind.Org remains my charity of choice, unless I discover another veteran's charity that is more fitting (and more local).

So in the middle of writing, in the middle of promoting March Craziness sales, planning my next writing workshop, working with the narrator for the next audio book production, and any number of other writing and writing business tasks, I'm glad I took the time to stop. To send that token amount. Leave a message on that wall. Help a little. And realize how fortunate I am, in so many ways.

Whether you support or oppose the politics, let's take care of our troops and veterans.

Because a dream is worth much without freedom.

No comments: