Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Last Day

Today is the last day I will be a police officer, something I've been since 1993.

Tomorrow is the first day that I'll be a full time writer.

Crazy, huh?

I am excited. Feel a little bittersweet at leaving behind all of the people I've been friends with over these past two decades. But then again, I'm not going anywhere, so that takes some of the sting out of it. We'll still be friends. I just won't see them every day.

What I will see is this computer screen, and a thousand stories inside my head.

Hope they don't suck.

;-)

But tonight will be about celebration, and a police officer's farewell. Tomorrow will be about writing stories that hopefully don't suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your big decision. Hope to see your name on the best sellers list in the not too distant future. I enjoy your books so this is a good thing! Cynthia Barbeau